As many as two-thirds of students in classrooms today score below proficiency in reading, writing, and STEM. This includes students who speak English as a second language, students with disabilities, and many other students who do not yet possess the skills needed to meet today’s rigorous standards. While today’s digital environments provide great tools for presentation of materials, many lack STEM and literacy supports needed by these students.
In this session, attendees will see a demonstration of Read&Write for Google Chrome, EquatIO, and WriQ. These are powerful programs with over 25 million users. These ELA and STEM-focused products work with BOTH Office 365 as well as G-Suite programs. Participants will learn more about common technology supports such as text-to-speech, word prediction, dictation, text and picture dictionaries, annotations… and more… that can help ALL students and especially those who struggle with reading and writing. These tools can be used through the Chrome, Edge, Explorer browsers on PCs, Macs, IPads and Chromebooks.
- Learn to accommodate different learning styles using tools from the Read&Write and EquatIO Toolbars
- Create customized vocabulary lists and study guides
- Find new resources for accessing digital text
- Discover a great tool for grading writing with customizable rubrics
- Learn how to access a “Free for Teachers” account